B A K E D tortilla chipsPrint
EIGHT things that are great about today:
(1) The first thing I heard this morning was a bird singing outside.
(2) Today I will finish the book I’m reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns.
(3) It’s Thursday, and that’s always great.
(4) My whole body is sore from this week’s workouts and stretches. I’m alive and aching.
(5) Today is the first day of the Masters tournament.
(6) I have homemade peanut butter cookies in the freezer.
(7) It’s spaghetti night.
(8) I have good new music to listen to on my way to work.
And that’s just today. This time of year is lovely, and there is so much to celebrate. New life. Sunshine. Green grass. Picnics. Another season of recipes to welcome. Freshness. Salads and cold salsas and crisp, bright things.
And I have the perfect vehicle for shoveling backyard dips and vibrant green guacamole into your face. Crunchy and salty and guilt-free. Best eaten right out of the oven.
Baked Tortilla Chips
10 small yellow corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F and place racks in top and bottom.
- Cut tortillas into fourths and spread on two large baking sheets. Spray lightly with cooking spray on both sides and sprinkle with a good amount of salt.
- Bake for 6 minutes then flip top and bottom sheets and bake another 6-8 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Best eaten warm right out of the oven with fresh salsa or dips.