Black Bean, Mango and Pineapple SalsaPrint
Henceforth will I look on all things with love. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.
Balance is good. I want the full spectrum of experience. Happy and sad. Light and dark. Up and down. One just simply doesn’t exist without the other pushing back on it. Appreciation for all things in my path. This is the goal.
Balance in life and balance in flavor. Both good. I love a sweet and savory combination — it’s like little fireworks in your mouth. Pow pow pow. This black bean salsa is a rainbow of taste. Earthy beans. Sweet fruit. Tart lime. Spicy peppers. Smoky cumin. The perfect accompaniment to anything under the summer sun…
Take nothing for granted today. The heat and humidity, the pale blue sky, the fireflies…the sweet and the sour. All part of the circle.
Black Bean, Mango and Pineapple Salsa
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1-2 jalapenos or mild small chili peppers, seeded and minced
- Half a small red onion, finely diced
- About 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sprinkle of cumin
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to mix. Refrigerate for a bit to let flavors mingle. Eat alone as a side dish, on tacos or over grilled fish and meat.
← Set Sail