Moroccan Grated Carrot Salad with MintPrint
Happiness, not in another place, but this place — not for another hour, but this hour.
Happiness is musty bookstore smells. It’s wind chimes and a dog barking. Happiness is stepping, again and again, over and over. Happiness lives in the blue bird outside and the sound of a home settling at night. It’s the moment you wake up. And grating carrots til your arm hurts.
It’s all about us, right here.
Moroccan Grated Carrot Salad with Mint
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup golden or regular raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Small pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons or more thinly-sliced fresh mint leaves
- Place the grated carrots in a medium bowl. Add the raisins and stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and salt. Add the lemon juice and honey and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over carrots, then gently fold until the carrots are lightly coated. Chill for an hour before serving.
- Right before serving, stir in the fresh mint leaves. To serve, pack salad into measuring cup of desired serving size and turn out onto small plates. Garnish with more fresh mint.
Adapted from Simply Recipes