Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Warm ApplesPrint
I made you pancakes. Just cause. Just cause I like you so much.
These are bonkers. Light, fluffy, lemony pillows of ricotta. Crowned with warm apples and cinnamon. There are no bad days with beginnings like this…
Have a beautiful weekend.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Warm Apples
Makes about 11 pancakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 sweet apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup light ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Nonstick spray, for pan
- Honey or maple syrup, for serving
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and golden. Keep warm while making pancakes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and sugar in medium bowl. In another large bowl, whisk together ricotta, eggs, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray and add 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook for several minutes per side until golden brown (these pancakes will be moist and delicate).
- Top pancakes with warm apples and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Adapted from Bobby Flay
More → Breakfast