Coconut Chocolate Chip MacaroonsPrint
When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
-Karen, age 7
Love is sweet. So are these. Light and chewy and studded with dark chocolate. The perfect Valentine…
Give em away. Coconut love.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroons
Makes 20-22 cookies
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, vanilla and chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a separate dry bowl, beat the egg whites and salt on high speed until medium-firm peaks form. Carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using two teaspoons, drop the batter onto the parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.
From Ina Garten
More → Desserts