Gluten-Free Chocolate CakePrint
Let us first be as simple and well as nature ourselves,
dispel the clouds which hang over our brows,
and take up a little life into our pores.
I went for a walk today. The first part was rainy — little misty raindrops and wind that fought my umbrella. Then the sun came out, my hood came off and the day became gorgeous. A tiny old man smiled at me. I carried groceries. I sat on stairs and watched a chickadee. Nature came in…
Simple pleasures. Like chocolate cake. Chocolate cake made just for me, by someone sweet. I had the best birthday. I made big wishes.
This cake has chickpeas in it. Don’t flip out. It’s just beans.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth. Or melt on stovetop over pot of just simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs and rinsed/drained chickpeas in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add the sugar and baking powder and pulse to blend. Pour in the slightly cooled melted chocolate — it should be warm but not hot. Scrape down the sides and mix until well-blended. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes then invert onto serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar.
From All Recipes
More → Desserts