Roasted Summer Vegetable Couscous with Tahini-Lemon VinaigrettePrint
Warm summer sun, shine kindly here. Warm summer wind, blow softly here…
Summer is blissful. It’s tickle-your-soul delicious. Rest in it. Roll around in it. Make food from it.
Sweet summer vegetables tossed with couscous and a nutty tahini vinaigrette. Finished with crunchy almonds, bright parsley and peppery arugula. Yes. Play with your summer.
Roasted Summer Vegetable Couscous with Tahini-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons roasted tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt + cracked pepper
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- Half a large red onion, cut into 1-inch petals
- Handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
- Big handful of baby arugula
- Scattering of slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, tahini, water and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt + cracked pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Scatter zucchini, eggplant, onion and tomatoes in single layer over sheet. Toss with a good drizzle of olive oil and lots of salt + pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or so, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender and golden.
- In a large shallow bowl, toss together cooked couscous, roasted vegetables, parsley, arugula and vinaigrette. Taste for salt + pepper and add more to taste. Sprinkle with almonds and feta.