Simple Pizza MargheritaPrint
Serene, I fold my hands and wait, nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea; I rave no more ‘gainst time or fate, for lo! My own shall come to me.
Let’s just sit simply in the world this weekend. Smell tulips and walk in falling tiny white tree blossoms. Not looking for anything. Just looking.
A simple weekend pizza to get us started…
Simple Pizza Margherita
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- Olive oil
- Fresh marinara sauce
- 1/2-1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- Fragrant fresh basil
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (or according to crust instructions).
- Brush crust with olive oil. Slather with fresh marinara, pieces of fresh mozzarella, and leaves of fresh basil. Season with sea salt + cracked black pepper.
- Bake directly on rack for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and toppings are bubbly. Sprinkle with more fresh basil.