Grilled Peach and Toasted Macadamia Spinach SaladPrint
In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle light.
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.
I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people’s feet
Still going past me in the street.
And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?
Bed in Summer by Robert Louis Stevenson
A spinning of summer words and feelings. I love spinners of words. And peaches. Dribbling down my chin…
Grilled Peach and Toasted Macadamia Spinach Salad
Serves as many as you please
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dollop of good Dijon mustard
- Drizzle of honey
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt + cracked pepper
- Ripe peaches, halved, pits removed, each half cut into thirds
- Baby spinach (or baby arugula)
- Macadamia nuts (toasted at 325F for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally)
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, Dijon, honey and desired ratio of balsamic + olive oil. Season with sea salt + cracked pepper and set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high and grill peaches for about 30 seconds per side to get nice grill marks.
- Add spinach to a large shallow bowl. Scatter with grilled peaches and toasted macadamia nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss. Season with more sea salt + cracked pepper.
More → Salads