Raw Kale & Mango Salad with PistachiosPrint
I made a salad out of raw kale. I think it can cure diseases. It’ll smack you with vitamins. It has lots of body and bite and as you eat it, you just know it’s doing good stuff in your brain, toes, tummy and eyeballs. Your hair. Belly button. Everywhere. It’s crunchy, sweet and satisfying. Beautiful and scrumptious. Magic salad.
Have a brilliant Friday and 4th of July weekend.
Raw Kale & Mango Salad with Pistachios
Serves 4 or so
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Good drizzle of honey
- Salt & cracked pepper
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, rinsed
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed (watch out for big pit in middle)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette and set aside.
- Cut tough stems from kale. Stack 4 or 5 leaves at a time and roll lengthwise into a cigar. Cut diagonally into 3/4-inch ribbons and transfer to large bowl.
- Scatter mango, pistachios and mint over kale. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss well. Marinate in fridge for a couple of hours, tossing occasionally, before serving (to allow kale to soften). Toss again and taste for salt & pepper.
More → Salads